Aller au contenu
Plongeur.com - Le site de la plongée sous marine

Un bombardier dans la baie d'Audierne ?

Messages recommandés

bah vu comme ça.... enfin bon... ça doit pas être la majorité et pis ces gens là (ferrailleurs de tout poil) se fichent pas mal de la façon d'obtenir les coordonées pour aller piller... il suffit de suivre le bateau du club (j'ai vu des pêcheurs faire ça car ils avaient entendu parler de la faune présente sur certaines épaves du côté de chez moi) ou de venir une fois à bord avec un GPS portable et sûrement plein d'autres méthodes du meilleur effet... du coup ça ne les empèchera pas de piller! par contre ça empèche les gentils plongeurs équipé d'un bateau de se faire plaisir simplement!

• 3 ans après...
Invité bsandifer

Does anyone have photos of the wreck or wreckage recovered. My Great Uncle is George McIntosh, the pilot of the B-17, Jaynee B.

This would be of great interest to his family.

His crew was rescued by locals. Then he was taken to a Gestapo Prison, then to Stalag Luft III a German POW Camp. His crew endured many hardships as prisoners and were eventually freed in the spring of 1945.

Any information you can give us on the aircraft will be greatly appreciated.

He was shot down one other time, in Sweden. His crash landing was well documented by the Swedish:

http://user.tninet.se/~vwu458u/american/g_rebel.htm

http://user.tninet.se/~vwu458u/american/images/g_rebel/gr5_4.jpg

Along with photos of the crash.

Any information at all would be very interesting.

Invité bsandifer
Hi from french riviera (french oposite side of Bretagne !).

Thank to contact us. I send the informations you request to an good searcher of the Paris'area, who know a big deal about all the WWII'warbirds wreckages off shore in the zone.

See you later,

Ph. C.

Thank you for any help you can provide. My uncle, 1st Lt McIntosh was very grateful to the French people who saved his life that day. Without their bravery to paddle out in a boat to rescue the crew of the downed aircraft they would have frozen to death in the water. My uncle was very close to death when he was rescued. A few years ago, a plaque was placed on a small building near the port where the rescue boat was launched.

I have been in contact with the son of another crew member of that flight. He was the crew chief of the flight and was the other crewmember who was swimming in the water during the rescue. He was sent to Stalag Luft I.

We are all very interested in any information about the wreckage you might be able to share. I heard quite some tiem ago that someone had fashioned a shovel out of some of the parts of the plane.

• 6 ans après...
  • 3 mois après...
Bonjour

Gros déterrage de post !

Je me rend sur Audierne dans 15 jours avec mon club, quelqu'un aurait il les coordonnées GPs de ce B-17 ?

Auquel je m'engage à renvoyer des photos de ce dernier à son neveu ?

Par avance merci

As tu réussi a choper les coordonnées de cette épave? En lisant un peu sur le net, il est dit que l'avion a coulé au large de Penhors, mais impossible de trouver plus de détails!